After a long trip I value two things.
Luxury and Comfort.
Kick my shoes off. Relax in a comfortable bed. Followed by a nice, warm shower. Later on I may go for a drink in the business lounge or take a swim in the pool.
This is what life is all about!
For instance, on a recent trip to Saigon I had the pleasure to stay at Le Méridien Saigon – In my opinion the best place to stay in Saigon 2017.
Not many hotels in the Vietnam can match Le Méridien Saigon in terms of luxury and comfort.
In fact, my stay here was so pleasurable, I decided this hotel deserves it’s own article.
Welcome to my Le Méridien Saigon review!
Le Méridien Saigon is a five-star hotel situated in the heart of Saigon alongside the Saigon River. In addition, the hotel is a short taxi ride to District 1, the main commercial hub of Saigon. This fact makes it the best place to stay in Saigon for business travelers.
Furthermore Le Méridien Saigon is close to the main tourists attractions. Ben Thanh Market, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Reunification Palace are all located within two kilometers of the hotel.
The hotel has 343 smoke-free guestrooms which are divided into four types of rooms:
- Premier Classic Rooms has a floor area of 38 square meters. The rooms are equipped with a King bed, large windows, 42″ Smart LED TV, in-room safe and mini bar.
- Grande Deluxe Rooms has a floor area of 55 square meter. It has all the features included in the Premier Classic Room but is more spacious and luxurious. In addition you will get complimentary access to the Health Club.
- Club Classic Rooms has a floor area of 38 square meters. It has all the features included in the Premier Classic Room but located on higher floors. In addition the Club Classic Room includes complimentary access to the Club Lounge and the Health Club.
- Club Deluxe Rooms has a floor area of 55 square meters. It has all the features included in the Club Classic Room but is more spacious and luxurious. In addition the Club Deluxe Room includes a family room plus complimentary access to the Club Lounge and the Health Club
In addition Le Méridien Saigon has several luxury suites.
On hotels.com I was able to find an excellent rate on a Premier Classic room. My room was spacious, clean and modern. It had good air conditioning and great views of the Saigon river.
- Room Amenities: Wifi coverage and speed was excellent. The 42 inch LED TV had many English speaking channels like CNN, MTV etc. A special mention for the bed. It was one of the most comfortable I ever slept in!
- Room Service: The maid refilled the soap and shampoo daily. I also received two bottles of water daily and complimentary coffee. One evening I tried the room service. It was quick and the food was excellent!
Furthermore, both the pool and fitness center were excellent. Especially the gym had everything a fitness nut like myself needed.
The staff went above and beyond to make sure I had a pleasant stay. For instance, at check-in they could accommodate my request for a top floor room. All my other questions and requests were quickly addressed.
Le Méridien Saigon has all the services you can expect from a 5 star hotel. 24-hour front desk, two restaurant, laundry service and free wifi throughout the hotel.
In addition, the hotel has several services tailored for business travelers or people requiring that extra touch of luxury and comfort. Those services includes business center, club lounge, swimming pool, spa and fitness center.
As long as hotels.com has those outstanding room rates, Le Méridien Saigon will be excellent value. If you also take into consideration the central location and the luxury amenities, Le Méridien Saigon is the best place to stay in Saigon 2017!
I would definitely stay here again on my next Saigon trip. If you also would like to stay at Le Méridien Saigon I recommend to use a reputable web site like hotels.com.
Did you like reading my article about the best place to stay in Saigon 2017 and my Le Méridien Saigon review?
Subscribe to my Newsletter and you will receive a FREE guide how to never pay for plane tickets again!