Are you looking for the best budget hotel in Sukhumvit Bangkok?
If so I may be able to help you.
Since my first arrival in the land of smiles in 2001 I’ve spent considerable amount of time here. And let me tell you I’ve had my fair share of both good and bad hotels. But on my last Bangkok trips I’ve only stayed at one hotel: Smart Suites – A small but modern budget hotel just a few minutes walk away from Sukhumvit road.
For Bangkok I define a budget hotel as an accommodation with nightly rates below $30. Around Sukhumvit road you’ll find plenty of hotels with those rates, but most of them are very old and dirty. But with Smart Suites I believe I’ve found a gem. In fact, my stay here was so pleasurable, I’ve decided this hotel deserves an honest review.
Is Smart Suites the best budget hotel in Sukhumvit Bangkok in 2017? Well let’s see!
Smart Suites Review
Smart Suites is a stylish boutique hotel located just a few minute’s walk from the Sky Train Nana Station in central Bangkok. Using the Sky Train you can easily travel to all the major sights around Bangkok, for example MBK mall, the river cruises and Jim Thompson house. In addition, Smart Suites is located right on Sukhumvit Soi 11 where you’ll find many good restaurants and bars.
Furthermore, using the Sky Train it’s easy to travel to the business districts at Silom road, which makes Smart Suites also a good choice for business travelers.
Smart Suites has 28 smoke-free guestrooms which are divided into four types of rooms:
- Standard Rooms has a floor area of 20 square meters. The rooms are equipped with a queen size bed, 32 inch LCD TV, DVD player, in-room electronic safe, hair dryer, iron, mini bar and a work desk.
- Superior Rooms has a floor area of 22 square meters. It has all the features included in the Standard Rooms but is more spacious.
- Deluxe Rooms has a floor area of 26 square meters. It has all the features included in the Standard Rooms but is more spacious and comes equipped with a King size bed.
- Executive Rooms has a floor area of 32 square meters. It has all the features included in the Standard Rooms but is more spacious and is equipped with a King size bed and relaxing sofa.
On hotels.com I was able to find an excellent rate on a standard room. My room was spacious, clean and modern. It had good air conditioning and I couldn’t hear any outside noise at all, which sometimes is an issue with hotels in Bangkok.
- Room Amenities: The desk provided a good environment for getting work done. The chair was comfortable and the Wifi coverage and speed was excellent. In addition, the 32 inch LCD TV had many English speaking channels like CNN, MTV etc. A special mention for the bed. It was very comfortable to sleep in!
- Room Service: My room was cleaned daily and the maid refilled the soap and shampoo. I also received two bottles of water daily and complimentary coffee/tea.
The staff went above and beyond to make sure I had a pleasant stay. For instance, at check-in they could accommodate my request for a top floor room. All my other questions and requests were quickly addressed.
Smart Suites has all the services you can expect from a 3 star hotel. 24-hour front desk, business center, laundry service and free wifi throughout the hotel.
In addition they offer concierge services and assistance with booking tours. They even had recommendations for a tailor in case you are interested in buying a bespoke suit.
As long as hotels.com has those outstanding room rates, Smart Suites will be excellent value. If you also take into consideration the central location, the friendly staff and the modern amenities, Smart Suites is in my opinion the best budget hotel in Sukhumvit Bangkok 2017!
I will definitely stay here again on my next Bangkok trip. If you also would like to stay at Smart Suites I recommend to use a reputable web site like hotels.com for your reservations.
Did you like reading my article about the best budget hotel in Sukhumvit Bangkok 2017 and my Smart Suites review?
Subscribe to my Newsletter and you will receive a FREE guide how to never pay for plane tickets again!